World Squash Officiating Terms and Conditions of Use
ABOUT THIS NOTICE
This Terms and Conditions of Use applies to all users of the World Squash Officiating website, worldsquashofficiating.com. In these Terms and Conditions (Terms and Conditions of Use), ‘We’, ‘Us’, ‘Our’ and ‘WSO’ means the World Squash Officiating and all of the services provided by World Squash Officiating. ‘You’ and ‘Your’ are users and customers.
By using WSO you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following Terms and Conditions. If you disagree with any of these Terms and Conditions, please do not use WSO.
WSO is operated by the PSA (Professional Squash Association) and the WSF (World Squash Federation). These Terms and Conditions were last updated December 18, 2020.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions refer to the following additional terms, which also apply to your use of WSO:
- Our Cookies Policy which sets out the information about the cookies on WSO
You will be required to register as a user of WSO, providing a username and/or email address (as indicated at the time by WSO) and password. You must not disclose your username and password to anyone, as you will be responsible for all activities that occur on your account. It is your responsibility to notify us immediately if you suspect any unauthorised use of your username, email address or password, or any other breach of security as soon as you become aware of it.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR INTERACTIVE AREAS
You agree that you are responsible for everything that you add/transmit to WSO and you agree not to:
- use any bulletin boards or discussion forums for any commercial purpose;
- use WSO in any way that will violate or infringe any laws or regulations of any jurisdiction or the rights of any person, nor post, submit or upload or otherwise transmit or publish content or information, or participate in any form of discussion, which is unlawful, harassing, libellous, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, profane, sexually oriented or pornographic, racially offensive or which otherwise includes objectionable material;
- post, submit or upload or otherwise transmit or publish content or information which you do not have the right to use or which contains advertising of any kind, or transmit to WSO any material containing software viruses or files designed to damage or disrupt or corrupt data or the good working order of any computer, system or telecommunications equipment;
- impersonate any other person or entity whilst using WSO;
- arrange, modify, decompile, disassemble, subject to reverse engineering, translate, adapt, reproduce, distribute, disseminate or transfer any information, any software, any product and in general any element of WSO or content therein except as expressly permitted by the terms of that software; or web scrape or crawl WSO (including any pages thereon);
We will be entitled, at our discretion, to remove anything which is transmitted to, from or via WSO or posted on WSO which, in our opinion, is objectionable or does not comply with these terms and conditions in any way. We will not be liable for doing this. However, we will not be required to monitor use of or access to WSO generally.
AVAILABILITY AND ACCESS
We have taken reasonable care in the preparation of WSO. However, we cannot guarantee that you will have uninterrupted access to WSO at all times. We reserve the right in our absolute discretion to monitor, suspend, revoke or otherwise limit access to WSO for any person at any time, without notice or liability.
Access to WSO and the information on WSO is not directed at any person in any jurisdiction where (by reason of that person’s nationality, residence or otherwise) it is prohibited to access WSO or direct such information for any reason. If you are a person in a jurisdiction in which such prohibitions apply, you must not access WSO.
We may delete or update any information on WSO, add material or amend, alter, redesign or change anything contained on WSO at any time, without notice and without any liability to any person. Although we aim to keep WSO as up to date as possible, we shall have no responsibility for ensuring that WSO is kept up to date.
We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions without notice to you from time to time. Any such amendment shall be effective once the revised Terms and Conditions have been posted on WSO, and it shall be your responsibility to check these Terms and Conditions for any such amendments. If you do not agree with any of these Terms and Conditions then you should not use WSO.
The information on WSO has been included in good faith, and is subject to change without notice.
Nothing contained in any part of WSO constitutes legal, investment, tax or other advice, nor should it be relied upon in making an investment or other decision or for any other specific purpose and no undertaking, representation or warranty (express or implied) is given as to its accuracy, reliability or completeness.
We have made reasonable efforts to ensure that all information on WSO is accurate at the time of inclusion. However, there may be errors in such information for which we apologise, but shall have no liability.
WSO is provided ‘as is’ and your access and use is at your own risk. The information on WSO is presented for the purpose of educating users. To the fullest extent permitted by law, WSO and its affiliates make no representations, undertakings or warranties about the content and information provided by WSO. We accept no liability for any inaccuracies or omissions on WSO and any decisions based on information contained on WSO are your sole responsibility.
We may have included certain material on WSO which has been produced, provided or written by third parties. Such material is provided for information purposes only and should not be taken to represent the opinions, beliefs or views of WSO or any of its group companies, affiliates, employees, directors or officers.
OWNERSHIP OF CONTENT ON WSO AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
WSO or its affiliates or licensors are, unless otherwise stated, the owners of all copyright, database and other intellectual property rights on WSO and its contents, with all rights reserved. This includes, without limitation, copyright and other intellectual property rights in the videos, presentations, photographs, audios, documents, images, buttons, layout and text contained on WSO. You may not publish, distribute, extract, re-utilise, or reproduce any part of WSO in any form (including photocopying or storing it in any medium by electronic means) other than:
- It is specifically permitted by applicable law;
- By making copies as part of any necessary incidental acts during your viewing of WSO or for solely educational, non-commercial purposes. In particular, you shall not incorporate any material from any part of WSO in any commercial work or publication, whether in hard copy or electronic or any other form, and no part of a page from WSO may be distributed or copied for any commercial purpose.
All brand, product and service names, logos and images used on WSO are the property of WSO or its affiliates or licensors, unless otherwise stated, with all rights reserved. You may not distribute products or offer services under or by reference to or otherwise use or reproduce any of the trade marks, trade names or service marks on WSO without our prior written permission or, where applicable, the owner of such trade marks, trade names or service marks.
We have made every effort to secure appropriate licenses and clearances for all proprietary intellectual properties used on WSO. You may notify us of alleged intellectual property rights infringement by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTRIBUTIONS TO WSO
Further to the above, by submitting or uploading your contribution to WSO, you:
Confirm that your contribution;
- Is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to WSO for all the purposes specified above and on the terms above;
- Is not defamatory;
- Does not infringe any applicable law.
And, you agree to compensate WSO and its affiliates for all legal fees, claims, liabilities, damages, costs, losses and other expenses that may be incurred or suffered by WSO or its affiliates as a result of your breach of the above confirmation; and waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to, and publication on, WSO and the purposes specified above, which means that WSO and its affiliates shall not be required to credit you for your contribution, and may adapt or alter your contribution as they see fit, without your consent.
WSO and its affiliates are not responsible for the content of external websites. WSO may include links to other websites from time to time and so, when you access certain links on WSO, you may leave WSO and be directed to third party pages. These links are provided for your convenience.
External websites are not part of WSO; we do not endorse or accept any responsibility for the content of those websites (nor the products or services on them); we are not responsible for the availability of the websites; and we will not be liable in any way for any loss or damage which you may suffer by using those websites. If you decide to access linked websites you do so at your own risk.
RULES ABOUT LINKING TO WSO
You may link to the home page of WSO, provided that you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way so as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link to WSO on or in any website that is not owned by you.
WSO must not be framed on any other site unless you have entered into a written agreement with us to do so, nor may you create a link to any part of WSO other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
WSO may contain advertisements by third parties, these advertisements may contain links to other websites. Unless specifically stated, WSO does not endorse any product or make any representation or accept any responsibility regarding the content or accuracy of any materials contained in, or linked to, any advertisements on WSO.
INDEMNITY AND LIABILITY
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold WSO, it’s group companies, affiliates, employees, directors or officers, harmless from and against any claims, actions or demands, liabilities and settlements including without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, resulting from or alleged to result from, your use of WSO, content from WSO, in a manner that violates or is alleged to violate these terms and conditions.
Except in the case of fraud, death or personal injury caused by our negligence or other cases where by legal liability cannot be excluded or limited, we exclude all liability to you in respect of your use of any information or other content obtained from WSO, either directly or due to a special circumstance affecting you, of which we were aware, howsoever arising, and whether in contract, tort, negligence, misrepresentation or otherwise.
Under no circumstances shall we have any liability for any loss of profit, business opportunity, goodwill, anticipated savings or data, or for any special, indirect, incidental or consequential losses or damages of whatsoever kind resulting from the use of WSO or any information or other content obtained from WSO, either directly or due to a special circumstance of which we were aware, howsoever arising and whether in contract, tort, negligence, misrepresentation or otherwise.
You shall be liable to us for any loss, liability or cost we (or any of our affiliates) suffer as a result of your use of WSO or any breach of these terms and conditions. By using WSO you agree to compensate WSO and its affiliates for all legal fees, claims, liabilities, damages, costs, losses and other expenses that may be incurred or suffered by WSO and/or its affiliates as a result of your use of WSO or breach of these terms and conditions.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts subject to mandatory provisions of any applicable local laws.
Any failure by us to exercise any right or remedy under these Terms and Conditions or at law does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy or a waiver of any other rights or remedies. No single or partial exercise of a right or remedy by us under these Terms and Conditions or at law prevents further exercise of the right or remedy or the exercise of any other right or remedy.
If a competent court of law or authority finds that any part of these Terms and Conditions is invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, we shall delete the relevant part from the Terms and Conditions and the remainder of the Terms and Conditions shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by the laws of England and Wales.
WSO is commissioned by the Professional Squash Association, a company registered in England and Wales (registered number 2748136) with our registered office at Studio 10 & 11, 46 The Calls, Leeds, LS2 7EY. Our VAT registration number is 402573970.
If you wish to contact us about our Terms and Conditions, please email: email@example.com
ABOUT THIS NOTICE
This privacy notice applies to all users of the World Squash Officiating website, worldsquashofficiating.com.
We collect and process personal information relating to you to ensure we deliver a personalised experience. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use data to meet our data protection obligations in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
In this notice, ‘We’, ‘Us’, ‘Our’ and ‘WSO’ means the World Squash Officiating and all of the services provided by World Squash Officiating. ‘You’ and ‘Your’ are users and customers.
WSO, commissioned by the PSA (Professional Squash Association) and WSF (World Squash Federation), is the data controller and responsible for your personal data.
THE GDPR PRINCIPLES
We will comply with GDPR using these principles:
- To process data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
- To collect data for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes, and only process it in a manner that is compatible with these purposes
- To ensure data is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purpose for which it is processed
- To ensure that data is accurate and kept up-to-date
- To ensure that data is kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data is processed
- To ensure data is processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the data, including protection against authorised or unlawful processing and accidental loss, destruction and damage.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND WHEN?
We collect and process a range of information about you.
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Payment details and your address
- Information about your use of our services including cookie data
- Your internet protocol (IP) address
- SPIN number
- Information regarding the courses you take
- Attendance to courses
- Level of qualifications and all associated information given
We collect this information in a variety of ways. For example, personal information is collected through the sign-up form on the website.
We collect this personal information when users:
- Register to use the WSO website
- Use resources on the WSO website
- Officiate tournaments and events sanctioned, managed, owned or controlled by the PSA or WSF
- Submit information to enable the PSA or WSF to assess your eligibility to officiate squash tournaments
- Communicate with us in relation to your officiating at tournaments and events
We will seek personal information about you from third parties such as analytic platforms and payment service providers.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We keep your personal information for only as long as necessary, which is longer in some cases than others. The length is determined on the purpose for which the personal information was obtained. For example:
- We may need to keep some personal information so we can deal with any complaints regarding the services we provide
- If you ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing, we need to retain enough information about you to enable us to ensure we stop including you in those direct marketing activities
- We may have a legal duty to keep certain information for us and authorised third parties to abide by other laws including Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard.
Unless there’s some other reason for keeping your personal information, your personal information will be deleted when it is no longer required, for example, if you have not opened any of our marketing emails in two years, you will be removed from our mailing list.
HOW WILL WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We and our authorised third parties may use your information in a variety of ways, to:
- Monitor, develop and improve our services and/or your experience (this may include personalising the advertising content you see)
- Provide you with access to products and services
- Provide you with product and service recommendations
- Process payments from you to us
- Deal with complaints and enquiries made by you
- Contact you with essential information about our services (like account updates)
- Manage our relationship with you including monitoring compliance with our all relevant terms and conditions, policies and terms in connection with the services we provide and you use
- Send you marketing material depending on your preferences and consent
- Geo-restrict or regionalise our services to ensure we comply with our legal obligations
We only process your personal information when we have legal grounds to do so. Generally, we only process it on the grounds:
- You have given us consent for the processing: please note you will always have the right to withdraw this consent at any time
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party (for example, the terms and conditions of one of our services)
- The processing is necessary in order to take steps at your request prior to entering a contract
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party we deem of interest (for example, we have a legitimate interest in understanding how people use our services)
DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may pass your personal information onto third parties, for these reasons:
- To third parties authorised by us and acting on our behalf such as our employees, contractors, suppliers and/or agents to administer services provided to you. These third parties are only allowed access to your information as needed to perform functions of the services or to provide services to us. They’re not allowed to use it for any other purpose.
- For marketing communications, where we have your consent to do so (see section below ‘We will send you marketing messages?’)
- In the event you win a competition, we’d share your name with our marketing channels and any image you supply to accompany the message
- We will disclose your data where legally required to, for example in the event of a subpoena or if we believe such action is necessary
- The only other time we will share your personal information is in order to protect the rights, property or personal safety of the WSO or our users.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance to our instructions.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We take the security of your personal information seriously. We have internal policies and controls in place to ensure, as far as we can, that your personal information is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed by anyone who is not authorised to do so.
As stated above, if an authorised third party uses your personal information while acting on our behalf, they do so in a professional and lawful manner. We expect them to abide by the same rules we do. All third parties are contractually bound by GDPR.
We encrypt your personal information and use two-step authentication techniques wherever possible. We also use secure, purpose-built platforms to manage your personal information.
Please note it is your responsibility to keep your login details a secret and sharing of this information is our Terms and Conditions.
WILL WE SEND YOU MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS?
We only send you marketing communications if you provide your consent.
Where we have your consent we may:
- Send you information regarding WSO and development of the platform
- Send you information about existing and new services including special offers
- Send you information about related products or selected third parties we think may be of interest to you.
You can unsubscribe from these marketing communications at any time. The easiest way to do this is to click the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any of our marketing emails. Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be removed from our marketing lists at any time.
WSO is an organisation with global reach and as such, your personal information may be transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Many of our external third parties are based outside the EEA so their processing of your personal information will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA. Whenever we transfer your personal information out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring that where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer personal information to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal information shared between the EEA and the US.
Any personal information you supply will be treated in accordance with applicable data protection laws including GDPR and any other superseding legislation. We are committed to delivering the rights that individuals are entitled to under data protection laws.
- The right to request a copy of the information we hold on you. To do this, please email, email@example.com, making it clear you are requesting a copy of your personal information and including the full details of what you require. You may be required to submit proof of your identity. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month, but, if your request is complex it could take us longer, we will keep you updated throughout the process. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information however, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. We may also refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances
- The right to object to your personal information being used for direct marketing. We will obtain your consent before undertaking marketing and you always have the ability to opt out
- The right to object to your personal information being processed where the legal basis for the processing is our own legitimate interests as a business. We will comply with this request unless there’s a lawful reason not to
- The right to correct any details about yourself that are incorrect, ensuring our data records are accurate
- The right to withdraw consent when we are processing your personal information on the basis that you have given us your consent to do so. You can withdraw consent at any time
- The right of erasure, you may request your personal information be erased. We will comply unless there’s a lawful reason for not doing so – for example if there are overriding lawful reasons or legitimate ground for retaining your personal information (keeping payment details to comply with HMRC rules)
- The right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org about any questions or if you have any complaints about how we process your personal information
- The right to request a transfer of your personal information to you or a third party. Your personal information will be provided in a structured, commonly used, machine readable format
- The right to request restriction of the processing of your personal information. You may request this if for example, our use of the personal information is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it, or if you have objected to our use of your personal information but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
CHANGE OF BUSINESS
If we become involved in a merger, acquisition, restructuring, reorganisation or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of our group company’s assets, then your information may be included in the assets that are transferred to the new owner and maybe provided to the entities and advisors involved.
Such a transaction may involve us: Retaining the right to continue to use transferred personal information in addition to the right of the new owner to use such information and engaging in additional transfers of personal information with the new owner from time to time following such a transaction.
If there are changes to our business such as a re-organisation or restructuring, your personal information will remain subject to this privacy notice. However, where your personal information is transferred to a new owner following a merger or acquisition it may be subject to a different Privacy Notice.
WSO is commissioned by the Professional Squash Association, a company registered in England and Wales (registered number 2748136) with our registered office at Studio 10 & 11, 46 The Calls, Leeds, LS2 7EY. Our VAT registration number is 402573970.
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) regulates our processing of your personal information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the ICO.
If you wish to contact us about our Privacy Notice, please email: email@example.com