Application Requirements for Candidate Referee:
- Fill out the Level 4/5 course application form (Available to Level 3 Referee’s).
- Hold an active WSO subscription and Member Nation membership.
- Possess a valid Practical and Theory WSO Level 3 certificate.
- Receive nominations from both their representative Member Nation and representative Continent.
- Demonstrate active involvement in referee development within their member nation and/or continent’s pathway.
WSO Application Process:
- The WSO will review each candidate’s application.
- Unsuccessful candidates will be informed of the reasons for their non-acceptance and will receive a brief action plan outlining the necessary improvements for future success.
- Successful candidates will be notified of their acceptance and will be required to subscribe to the WSO Level 4/5 coursework.
Subscribing to the WSO Level 4/5 Coursework:
- Once accepted, WSO will send the Referee a link to the subscription page for them to complete the payment.
- The Referee will then gain access to the WSO Level 4/5 Coursework, which they can work through.
Achieving Level 4/5 Status:
- Referees must complete and submit all relevant Level 4 coursework as evidence of their developmental efforts through their portfolio.
- The portfolio, to be submitted when the panel is reviewing the candidate, should include:
- An activity log
- Self-reflection forms
- Completed Level 4/5 coursework, which counts as Continued Personal Development for referees.
- Referees are encouraged to collaborate with their mentor/buddy during portfolio development.
- Referees must demonstrate their contributions to referee development as directed by the WSO, including participation in courses, workshops, and mentoring.
- Formal approval will be granted by the WSO Review Panel.
- The review panel will evaluate the referee’s performance level based on evidence provided, appraisals, and portfolio submissions, considering levels up to Level 5 for those exemplifying best practices among their peers.
As an Active WSO Level 4/5 Referee:
- Referees will receive formal feedback from the WSO-approved review panel as appropriate.
- Mid-term reviews will be conducted to ensure continuous performance at the relevant level.
- Referees must submit self-reflection feedback forms after each event.
- Level 4/5 accreditation remains valid for three years, after which referees must undergo modular training and continue to meet practical criteria requirements.
Note: Referees may be promoted or demoted based on their performance, subject to portfolio and performance reviews conducted by the WSO panel.